Rituals have been part of human life for a very long time, and have, throughout history, been instrumental in fostering the evolution of human development.
But why do rituals matter so much, and what place do they have in modern secular life?
Start by asking yourself the following questions:
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a ritual?
- What does it mean to you?
- Where in the modern world can you see an application?
- How and where are you using rituals?
For me, a ritual is something that is done with purpose, something that can go beyond our conscious mind and invoke something that is bigger than life.
There are various types of ritual.
For now, let’s look at the shamanic healing ritual, and how it is different to psychology – as applied in psychotherapy, coaching or process facilitation.
I’ll use the word healing here, however, we could easily replace it with ‘change’ or ‘transformation’ better suited in an organisational context.
- Works on a timeline
- Gradual development
- The facilitator is actively involved
- Healing comes through using the client’s resources
- Focused on the individual or team
- Works through organisation of space
- Sudden change through insight
- The facilitator gets out of the way and holds the space
- Healing comes from somewhere else, that we can’t define
- Focused the bigger picture and the community
You might wonder why I am writing about all of this.
You see, in a way OCEAN is a modern day healing ritual – and more.
It contains psychology as well.
This is why OCEAN is so powerful.
In one session you can get:
- A life (or business) changing Aha moment
- As well as next steps to take
So, if you want to understand a tricky issue.
Solve a conflict.
And know what to do next.
OCEAN is right for you.
Get in touch. I would be happy to be in service.
So that your healing can happen.